Something's Coming- Bernstein
-Composed by Leonard Bernstein
- A track from the musical technology 'West Aspect Story', which is a musical depending on Shakespeare's 'Romeo and Juliet'. -- First Performed on Broadway in 1957.
- Sung by solo tenor voice, 'Tony'.
-- Solo mezzo-soprano voice.
- Accompanied by a chamber orchestra consisting of woodwind, brass, choc and strings. -- Quiet aspect, soft vignette, the use of mutes, pizzicato and a clear homophonic texture are used to make sure that instruments don't overpower the tone of voice. - The music illustrates the words, for instance when he performs 'the air is humming'. - Harmonies and tremolo are being used in the strings.
-- The musical instruments often copy each other, generally at diverse octaves.
Melody and Framework
- The piece is practically entirely syllabic and based upon the following 3 main topics: 1) A peaceful, syncopated beginning theme.
2) A loud, strident theme inside the metre 2/4 that starts at bar twenty one. 3) A musical, slow-moving topic that starts in bar 73.
-- The themes are repeated a number of moments but are different each time by Bernstein. - Fossiles harz changes activities such as the metre or words and phrases each time a idea is noticed.
Rhythm, Metre and Tempo
- Metre changes among 2/4 and 3/4.
- Adjustments of metre, a fast tempo and the use of a lot of syncopation maintains a feeling of exhilaration and anticipation. - Use of cross-rhythms throughout (for example inside the intro). - Backing is made up of a great off-beat bass line, which in turn constantly forces forward a 'push rhythm', and away beat chords.
Harmony And Tonality
- Created in D Major however are two contrasting portions in C Major (heard in bars 32-72 and 106-127) - Use of tritone which is an interval of 3 whole colors, e. g. C-F#. - Last note with the entire piece is a squashed 7th which in turn remains unsolved and creates a feeling of incompletion. -- The tranquility is punk influenced.
Evaluation with the New Deal Essay
Choosing a Profession Research Newspaper
From Historical Greece to Iraq, the Power of Words in Wartime: Brief summary Essay
1920s exploration paper
Essay about Mobile Amount Portability
Market Failing of the Brick Making Industry in Bangladesh Essay
Essay regarding Foundations of Human Expansion
Hzl Training Report Dissertation
Managerial Economics Essay
Essay on Evaluation of the Business Code of Values
business comm Essay